Who I am
I am Virginia Pérez Román, a Sworn Spanish Translator and my website is vprspanishtranslations.co.uk.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How I use your information
This privacy notice tells you how I, Virginia Pérez Román, will collect and use your personal data for the sworn translation process and for contacting you regarding those sworn translation services.
Why do I, Virginia Pérez Román, need to collect and store personal data?
In order for me to provide you with translation services, I need to collect personal data for correspondence and invoicing purposes. In any event, I am committed to ensuring that the information I collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, I would contact you for additional consent.
Do I, Virginia Pérez Román, share your personal data with anyone else?
I do not share your personal data with third parties.
How will I, Virginia Pérez Román, use the personal data I collect about you?
I, Virginia Pérez Román, will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. I am required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will I contact you?
My aim is not to be intrusive, and I undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can you find out the personal data that I hold about you?
I, Virginia Pérez Román, at your request, can confirm what information I hold about you and how it is processed. If I do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on my legitimate interests or those of a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If I intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how I ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, I will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
I accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: national identity card, passport, driving license, birth certificate or utility bill (from last 3 months).