Efficient communication relies on the ability of using language properly and accurately, measuring every word.
From a very early age I developed a skill and a passion for languages. I started learning English at the age of 6 and began translating at a later stage while I studied Latin and Greek.
When the time came for me to decide what career path I wanted to follow, I knew a degree in translation and interpreting would really suit my abilities. I believe that speaking a second language fluently is not enough for translating efficiently. A specialized training is also necessary. A translator needs to have both language skills and culture insight.
I studied at the Pontificia Comillas University of Madrid (Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICAI-ICADE), where I obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Translation and Interpreting to and from English, French and Japanese in 2003.
Also, I recently completed my Graduate Diploma in Law at BPP University, London, which gave me an in-depth knowledge of the English legal system.
Also in 2003, I was appointed as "Traductor-Intérprete Jurado de Inglés" (Sworn English-Spanish Translator-Interpreter, number 4057), or Certified Spanish Translator, by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation and have worked in such capacity since then.
I am currently registered at the Consulate of Spain in London in order to provide UK-based clients with sworn legal translations to be submitted to any official authorities and bodies in Spain.
From 2004 to 2007 I worked as an In-house Translator and Translation Project Co-ordinator at SORT (Madrid) while I continued to work part-time as a freelance translator for several agencies, until I decided to go full-time with freelancing.
I have since then worked for a range of translation agencies, law firms, businesses and individuals. I have translated about 4,000,000 words.
I currently volunteer as a translator with several UN agencies and organisations (including UN-Habitat, UNEP and UNSSC) under the United Nations Volunteer (UNV) programme.
- 14 years of experience in legal and marketing translation
- Traductor Jurado de Inglés (Sworn English-Spanish Translator) appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- In-depth knowledge of the English legal system gained from my Graduate Diploma in Law
- Professional and reliable service
- Affordable pricing due to cutting out the middlemen
- High quality standards
I became a Member (MCIL) of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL) in 2012 (Member no. 025378). Check my profile here.
In 2012, I became a member of the International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters, IAPTI (Member no. 658). Check my profile here.
Professional Member of Proz.com. Check my profile here.
- Financial Translation - Calamo & Cran (Madrid)
- Translation for International Organisations - Calamo & Cran (Madrid)
- Interpreting for the Police - South Thames College (London)
- 'Traducir el Derecho como un jurista' (Translate the law like a lawyer) - Educación Digital
- CAT Tool & Software day (2014) - Proz.com
- 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day - Proz.com
- Marketing & Recruitment Day (2016) - Proz.com
- 2016 virtual conference for International Translation Day - Proz.com
- 5th Lawyer Linguist Virtual Event - Proz.com
- English to Spanish translation / transcreation project (Fashion)
- French to Spanish translation of a loan agreement
- English to Spanish translation of a campaign fostering environmental protection
- Proofreading of an English to Spanish translation of an anti-bribe policy
- Translation of magazine CSC World articles and CSC leaflets from English and French into Spanish
- Transcreation from English into Spanish of veterinary product descriptions
- Sworn translation of employment history documents